Pages

What's for brunch?

I have been craving for fresh bread lately, mostly Ciabatta rolls. These are the rolls they serve at the restaurant I externed at, and we often used these for garlic rolls or just toast with butter for snacks. I'm not a bread eater. My choice of carb are mostly noodles, pasta or rice. Bread is not something I would crave to eat. I wonder if in some way this means I miss the restaurant as I am craving for the Ciabatta rolls. Anyway when the craving hit late last week and I couldn't find any around, I settled for some sour dough and brioche rolls. I ate them but they didn't satisfy my craving. I did find some over the weekend, and they were so delicious.

But what should I do with the few of the other bread that I have left over. I didn't want to waste them so I looked around the fridge and found an unopened package of turkey kielbasa, some shredded parmigiano reggiano and eggs, and I made an egg and turkey kielbasa strata for brunch.





Egg & Turkey Kielbasa Strata
8 large eggs
1 cup of diced turkey kielbasa
1/2 cup of shredded parmigiano reggiano
2 sour dough rolls (diced)
2 brioche dough (diced)
Pinch of salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350
Saute the turkey kielbasa at this point, if you're using other ingredients, you can pre cook them first, be sure to season with salt and pepper as needed.
Spray the bottom of a 10 x 10 casserole dish with cooking spray
Spread the diced bread covering the bottom of the dish.
Whisk the eggs, add salt and pepper then pour into the dish covering the eggs.
Sprinkle the kielbasa and the shredded cheese on top.
Put in the oven and bake it for 30 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a knife in the middle of the casserole, when you take the knife out and it's completely dry then it is ready.
Cut into pieces and you can eat it like a slice of pizza.

As mentioned this is just one recipe that I made with the ingredients I have available. You can surely add as many variety of protein, vegetables, cheese or herb as you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...