Pages

It's all about the BBQ!

Once again, I attended the Big Apple BBQ this past weekend at Madison Square Park in NYC.  It's an awesome event especially if you are a barbecue lover.  Some of the best pit-masters in the country gathered in one spot where you can taste some of their best offerings.  I am not sure one can eat every single dish available in one day or one weekend.  I did my best to taste as many plates as possible and here are some of my favorites.

Hill Country's Beef Briskets and Cucumber Salad:  The beef was so tender and juicy.  There were layers of fat attached to the leaner pieces of meat that kept the meat nice and moist.  This was absolutely delicious, even though this is Texas BBQ, way to represent New York!

Big Bob Gibson's Pulled Pork Sandwich:  No wonder why Chris Lilly of Decatur, Alabama wins BBQ championships.  He definitely made one of the best pulled pork sandwiches I ever had.  The pork was juicy and full of flavor.  With the addition of its awarding-winning tomato-based championship red sauce, it was the perfect sandwich.

Jim 'N Nick's BBQ Homemade Smoked Sausage with Pimento Cheese and Saltines:  Representing Birmingham, Alabama, the only one who made sausage at the party and it didn't disappoint.  These were smoked then grilled so the casing has a snap to it.  It was great to stack the saltine with the pimento cheese and sausage together like an horderve.


Pappy's Smokehouse's St. Louis Style Ribs:  These ribs were finger-licking good.  These St. Louis Style ribs were smoked slow and low.  These ribs are not served with a sauce. They are made with a base-rub of brown sugar and they were outstanding!


These are only a few of my personal favorites, and I can't wait until next June to do this all over again.  In the meantime, I hope to test my own barbecue recipe and share it with you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These barbecues are so delicious from its looks. I am curious to try these at home to see its taste. From https://bbqonmain.com/ I found some great recipe like you shared here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...