Pages

9 months later

I'm a week away from graduation. It's been an awesome experience. My intention was to document this whole journey, though when I started this blog I didn't put into consideration that with working full time, going to school at night, I'd rarely have time to do anything else so writing a blog has not been on my priority list.

All the spare time I had I spent it with family, friends and sleep. I'm not in my 20s anymore, the long hours was taking a toll, but still I enjoyed it immensely. I also spent some of my spare time attending seminars, test recipes, volunteered to gain some experience and even attended a taping of one of my favorite food shows, Top Chef! I met many interesting people and learned some life lessons along the way. I've enjoyed learning from all the chef instructors. I also discovered baking. I've never baked in my life and during the baking module, I had a lot of fun. I was fortunate to have a chef instructor that was very patient and encouraged me along the way! I will miss my classmates and classes. It's been part of my life for the last 9 months and I'm having trouble accepting that this chapter of my life is coming to an end.

However, upon graduation, I will begin my externship so I am looking forward to work in a professional kitchen. Since most restaurants require students to extern at least 2 to 3 full days. I'm fortunate that this restaurant is willing to work with me. I will be working full day on Saturdays as well as working some nights during the week after work. I hope to finish my externship by June and have the summer off.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...